1. Cook Pasta as per the instructions given on the packet. Note :- Never add oil in the water because it won’t help your pasta to absorb flavor.
2. Once cooked keep that pasta in that water only.
3. Add butter in to a heavy bottom pan at lowest heat.
4. Once it melts, add your flour and keep on mixing with a wooden spoon till it turns a bit brown.
5. Now add 100 ml of milk and stir in the fastest speed with your wooden speed. This will help your sauce not to form any lumps.
Note :- if you feel that the sauce is being over cooked then take it away from the stove and keep stirring.
6. Once it becomes little bit like a paste, add another 100 ml of milk and start whisking it with a balloon whisk at the fastest speed for 1 min.
7. Add another 100 ml of milk and whisk for 1 min.
8. Now add your grated cheese, salt, sugar, pepper, garlic powder and whisk it till everything gets combined.
9. Add rest of the milk, water and give it a nice mix for 15 seconds and take it off the gas.
10. Add pasta and let it rest there for 2 mins
11. Now you can cook it for 2 mins and serve immediately