Bitter Melon Smoothie
- 2 pcs Bitter gourd
- 2 pcs Red apple
- 1 pc Cucumber
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 pcs ice cubes
- Salt to taste
- Cut the skin from the bitter gourd and wash the gourd under cold running water.
- Scoop out the seeds and white flesh from the bitter gourd with a spoon, leaving the green outer section. Cut it into cubes.
- Soak the cubes for few minutes in a bowl of water with salt or juice from half a lemon.
- Add the bitter gourd to a blender. Pour water, apple, cucumber and lemon into the juicer or blender.
- Strain the juice to remove any solid pieces and blend it again with ice cubes, serve it cool.