Easy Green Chilli Chicken Recipe is one such dinner you can cook after a tiring day at the office. It tops my list of quick chicken recipes. Damn easy to prepare making dinner a perfect meal. In Hyderabad, this meat dish is prepared for weddings and grand functions.
The color that comes in the recipe is especially from green chilies and coriander paste. The green texture of the paste looks heavenly wanting you to dive into it as fast as possible.
While the chicken is getting cooked, prepare the flatbreads at the same time. The best flatbreads that go with this dish are Indian, not surprising. If you are a beginner you can learn to prepare Laccha paratha, an Indian flatbread, which is an ultimate combination with this dish.
If you feel the chicken is not cooked after 10 mins you can add more water and let it simmer for another 5 mins till perfect. Enjoy with your family and see their face shine.
Some Tips To Save time:
- Opt to marinate the chicken before heading to office and store in the refrigerator.
- In the evening just go ahead with rest of the cooking. All the spices are well mixed in the chicken pieces by day end, so just need to cook them up quickly with the green chilies paste and seasonings.
- Pre-prepare and store the green paste and use it whenever you want to cook the dish.
Easy Green Chilli Chicken
- 800 grams Boneless chicken pieces cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Green Chillies chopped
- 2 Onions quartered
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 1.5 inches Ginger sliced
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- to taste Salt
- 2 tbs Food oil
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Cumin Powder roasted
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Make a paste of chopped green chilli, onions, garlic, ginger, coriander and salt.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the paste.
- After 15 to 20 minutes heat the oil in a wok. Add the cumin seeds and turmeric powder.
- Add the marinated chicken and small green chilies, add cumin powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add garam masala powder and adjust the seasoning. Add half cup water, cover and cook on medium heat for eight to ten minutes.
- Lower the heat and cook for another eight to ten minutes or till the chicken is cooked.
- Serve hot!