We all buy those bunches of flavored yogurt from the store because our kids just love it. Whether you want to give them a quick snack option or would like to include it in their diet, it’s a perfect choice with kids.
But we seldom realize is that one seemingly innocent carton of fruit yogurt can contain about as much sugar, at around 10 grams, as in a cinnamon bun. Yogurt has always been meant to be eaten in its original form – sour and tangy. But kids don’t like it so the yogurt making companies add flavor to it and convince it being healthy. With added essence comes sugar which is necessary to make it more pleasant to eat.
To keep a check on your kid’s sugar intake you can always opt to make it at home. This helps to control the amount of sugar you want to add or replace it with other alternatives like honey or maple syrup. Moreover making these fruit yogurts at home will clearly save your dimes.
You can be as much creative as you want with them and it’s so easy and quick to make. I am going to show you one such recipe but the sky is the limit for you and you can go ahead and add any fruits your children like. So let’s dive into one such yummy yogurt.
Here I have prepared and shown the recipe for a black raspberries yogurt for my 3-year-old. He loves to have it with crackers, chips, and parathas and fenugreek flatbreads. Additionally, it acts as a little tummy filler when he is back from his daycare.
These homemade yogurts will stay nice for 4-5 of days in the refrigerator. Just follow the same instructions for any fruits of your choice and get healthy, customized yogurt all week long!
Berry Flavored Yogurt for Kids
- 7-8 black raspberries
- 1 cup Greek yogurt / Indian Yogurt / Any homemade yogurt
- 1 tsp Sugar/ Honey/ Maple Syrup
- Wash black raspberries properly with warm water and remove the seeds.
- Make a nice puree of raspberries in a blender.
- Take a mixing bowl. Add Greek / Any yogurt of your choice, raspberry puree, and mix.
- Now taste it. So depending on your tasting decide and add how much sugar you would need.
- Your homemade healthy flavored yogurt is ready. Store it in a glass bottle or mini glass mason jars in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy them with crackers, chips or parathas.