Manuka Honey is produced by bees from Manuka plant which is found in Australia and New Zealand. Its one of the most purest form of honey and also well known for its amazing healing capacities. This honey was found even in the Egyptian tombs dating back to thousands of years.
This honey is full of nutritional content like calcium, copper, sodium, zinc, iron and many others which is 4 times higher than in normal honey which makes it so unique. This is what is called the Unique Manuka Factor. Manuka honey has higher levels of enzymes than regular honey.
There are various levels of this honey based on UMF (Unique Manuka Factor)
4-9 Maintenance level with general honey health benefits
10-14 Supports natural healing and bacterial balance
15+ Superior levels of phenols that are highly therapeutic but shouldn’t exceed taking 1 tbsp at a time
Some of the benefits of manuka honey are
- Reduces stomach refluxes and heals intestinal imbalances
- Best treatment for eczema and acne
- Treats Burns, wounds and ulcers
- Helps in decreasing tooth decay, plaque and gingivitis
- Treats Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Treats, sore throats, allergies and even sinusitis
- Promotes good sleep