Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
High protein is the nutrient most for us help to stay healthy, strong, slim and have the energy for all day!
That’s why to choose eggs for the breakfast is strongly recommended.
The eggs have a lot of protein, vitamins B2, B12, A, also selenium, full of minerals like calcium, magnesium, folate and many more.
This recipe of Ricotta and eggs pie is a variation of Italian Swiss pie, which one’s perfect for high proteins breakfast, flavors of greens, herbs, and eggs, enriched by fresh and aged cheeses.
It is really not hard to make at home, you can buy already prepared puff pastry for the basis and the best part is that pie could stay in the fridge up to 5 days.
Spinach, Ricotta and Eggs Pie
- 10 Egg
- 300 gm Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Onions
- 2 cup Spinach or Kale
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
For a pie dough
- 2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For pie dough, mix all ingredient together and make a dough.For more detail find our Homemade Pie Crust Dough recipe.
- Chop the onion and spinach (you can use kale instead of spinach)
- Put onion, into preheated frying pan and cook for 1 minute on high temperature.
- Add spinach, salt, and peppers and cook for 1 more minute.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese and fried vegetables, combine all light.
- Take out dough from the fridge and form 2 balls. Roll into a big circle. Place in pan and flute the edges.
- Spread the mixture over the pie dough.
- Carefully crack each of the 10 eggs and put on the top of ricotta mixture.
- Roll out another sheet of puff pastry and lay it on top of the pan, crimping the edges to seal.
- Whisk the remaining egg white and brush over the top of the pie.
- Bake around 35 to 45 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool around 10 minutes, remove from the pan and serve.