Staying healthy is a new key term. I have tried all types of recipes adding healthiest ingredients, keeping the health index to the highest. But they don’t taste good. We just can’t have them eating all the time if they don’t taste good right. So in my search for a tasty diet-friendly salad took me over to a very well known chef who has spent decades in this industry – Chef Suresh Khanna. I shared my concern and he very quickly came up with this roasted beetroot salad.
Chef himself was concerned about how healthy one’s diet and lifestyle should be. I am not a big fan of beetroot but seeing the ingredients along with the nutritional factor I thought to give a try.
This vegetable (beetroot) has never got that deserved recognization due to its taste. When we mix this beet salad with feta it creates an amazing combination of sweet and creaminess that’s sure will make your mouth water.
It mixes with it Silverbeet is also known as Swiss chard. It looks like spinach but comes with a strong flavor. Everyone is aware of the health benefits of it. It’s an excellent source of vitamin K, A, and C, along with magnesium, potassium, iron, and fiber.
The leaves are roasted in olive oil for few minutes so they don’t lose its value making them just perfect in their place.
Feta cheese here, adds the required taste to let your eyes know its a yummy one. Isn’t it? Walnuts for the crunchiness and red wine vinegar for the shine that brings out that picture perfect prettiness in it. You don’t just have to eat pretty food only in restaurants. Of course, don’t forget their benefits in the salad too.
Roasted Beetroot Salad
- 8 small Baby Beetroot
- half bunch Silver Beet trimmed leaves torn
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1/3 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar red wine
- 70 gm Feta Cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Trim beetroot stems and leaves reserve small beetroot leaves. Wash beetroot and Pat dry it.
- Cover beetroot tightly with foil. Place in a baking dish and roast it for 45 minutes, until skin peels way.
- Cool it, Peel and halve each beetroot.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and walnuts cook it until walnuts are toasted.
- Add reserved beetroot leaves to pan cook until leaves are just wilted.
- Add leaves and vinegar to beetroot, season with pepper. Toss to combine.
- Top with feta and serve it.