Christmas is coming! Winter holidays has been started, it’s 15 today and last two weeks are remaining to welcome the new year 2018. Christmas celebrations are in the air, moms are getting busy making festive food items from appetizers to desserts. So, here I would like to share mini quiche or you can say mini tartlets with you guys, which are the perfect appetizer for holiday parties and can be whipped up in no time. In addition, you can get your little one to help you.
These mini vegetable tarts are simple to make if puff pastry is in our freezer. Just thaw the pastry squares for 10 min and then place them in a muffin tray and add your favorite fillings (Here I am using the basic combination of onion, tomatoes, corns, and mushrooms and bake it. Our yummy Mini Quiches are ready! I like to serve it with cheese garlic dip, as my kids don’t like spicy food I’m not using any spices but you can add red chili flakes, herbs, Schwan sauce with the vegetables and bake it. Your spicy Mini Quiches are ready to serve…!
Here in these mini quiches, I am using puff pastry as a crust but you can make it without the crust. For that, you have to use beaten egg. Pour egg in the vegetables and bake it, that Mini Quiche is also called as egg quiches (egg tartlets)
If you’re an egg lover, make sure you like these too:
If you love eating spicy food, make sure you like these too:
Mini Quiche Puff Pastry
- 2-3 slices deli ham diced
- 3 pcs scallions chopped - save 1 teaspoon for garnish
- 5 pcs cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 pc extra large eggs or 2 regular-sized eggs
- 3/8 cup 90g milk
- vegetable oil for greasing
- 11-12 oz ready rolled short/pie pastry thawed follow the instruction on the package
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1/3 cup grated cheese cheddar /mozzarella
- Mix together the diced ham, chopped scallions and diced cherry tomatoes in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the egg and milk with a fork. Chill these ingredients as you prepare the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (210°C). Grease a 12-tin mini muffin pan.
- Sprinkle a little all purpose flour on surface, roll out the pastry. If the pastry cracks when rolling out, use your fingers and slightly pinch to seal the crack.
- Use a 3" (7.5cm) round cutter. Cut out 12 circles and place each in a cup of the pan. Gently press down with your finger to form a shallow cup.
- Divide the mixture of ham, scallions and tomatoes equally among the 12 cups. Fill each cup with the egg and milk mixture until 80-90% full. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the mini quiches are set and golden. Garnish with some chopped scallions. Serve warm.