Sunny Side-Up Eggs in Tomato Sauce
Servings: 2 people
- 4 pcs Eggs
- 4 pcs Tomatoes ripped medium size
- 1/3 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 pcs Garlic cloves
- 2 pcs Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 pinch Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- Heat a frying pan.
- Add the olive oil and the garlic cloves.
- Saute for a couple of minutes until the olive oil is nicely flavored.
- Add the sweet green peppers and saute for another minute.
- Pour in the pureed tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt and a pinch of sugar.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the tomato sauce gets thick.
- Break the eggs into the pulpy sauce. Sprinkle some salt over the eggs.
- Cover the pan and cook the eggs over medium-low heat for about 10-12 minutes, until they get set. Keep them juicy and don’t overcook them!
- Uncover the pan and spoon some sauce on top of the eggs.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground pepper and taste the sauce.
- Serve at once! Enjoy!