Turkish Feta and Thyme Cake
Feta cheese is very salty and is used in many salads. In Greek, feta means slice. It is a white cheese made in Greece from sheep's milk or a mixture of sheep and goat's milk. Thyme is an aromatic herb which is helpful to reduce cold. This recipe has both the goodness of thyme and feta cheese and is savory cake.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cup Maida Cake Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 4 pcs Eggs
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 cup Feta cheese
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend well.
- Grease a cake pan with butter and dust it with little flour and now transfer the blended batter into the greased pan.
- Preheat oven to 180 C and bake for 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick and check if it needs 5 more minutes to bake.
- When done, transfer the cake pan onto cooling rack.
- Cut into slices and serve hot and store the remaining cake in refrigerator.