Garlic prawns rissoto
An authentic seafood risotto - prawn risotto with garlic, chili and spring onions that make the perfect meal for your family.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 litre Chicken stock or Vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup White Wine dry
- 3 nos Green Onions chopped
- 1 tsp Ghee or Saturated Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese Grated
- 1 lb Shrimp Green raw
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- Red Chilli Powder to taste
- In a medium saucepan heat the stock to simmer, then reduce the heat so the stock stays hot through the whole time.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted add the spring onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add the rice and stir until coated with the oil and butter.
- Sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the white wine and cook while stirring until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Add the stock, about a cup at a time, stirring until absorbed adding more when the rice appears almost dry. Continue adding stock and cooking it for 20 minutes or until the grains are tender but still firm to the bite, without being crunchy.
- Stir in 1tablespoon butter and the Parmesan cheese and season with salt pepper.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining 1tablespoon olive oil and sauté for a couple of seconds minced garlic. Add the raw prawns and cooked them 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the risotto adding the garlic prawns on top, with a sprinkle of paprika