1. Take carrots in a bowl. I have used carrots and cucumbers but you could also use beetroots and radish.
2. Add in the sliced cucumbers.
3. Next go in the green chilies.
4. Season with salt and lemon juice and mix well.
5. Set this aside for 15 minutes to get rid of the excess water.
6. After 15 minutes, drain the excess water. Set aside.
7. In a separate bowl, take the split mustard seeds.
8. Add in the turmeric powder.
9. And the asafetida.
10. Lastly, add the mustard oil and mix well.
11. Pour the prepared dressing over the carrot cucumber mixture. Toss well.
12. This pickle tastes great by itself and with chapatis and rice/khichdi too. It is best consumed in 4 days of preparing it.