Turmeric has a history of medicinal use, dating back nearly 4000 years. For this reason, it’s a principal spice to have in the kitchen. Today I would like to share how to make turmeric tea that can be a part of your daily routine.
Grated turmeric or powdered form can be used in making the tea. It’s advised to make the tea at home fresh instead of buying it.
Key Ingredients For Turmeric Tea Recipe
- Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric tea. The Yellow color comes from it.
- Ginger is another root with several benefits
- Black pepper is good for colds and flu and also increases metabolism
Talking about the benefits of turmeric, this tea is good for arthritis, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, IBS, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, managing cough and cold for all ages.
It is not only herbal and caffeine-free but also aids weight loss.
Kids with a cough and cold can be treated with this tea. 2 – 3 spoons of the tea can work for kids and adults can have a half glass of it every day.
Much is written on side effects of the tea. However, low dosage daily of turmeric will never cause any harm.
In fact, in India people do have a habit of drinking turmeric milk (golden milk) before going to bed. Its found in their curries and vegetables.
Moreover, this tea can be taken any time of the day however the best time is early morning before you have your breakfast.
Read more: Health benefits of Cardamom Pods
Turmeric Root Tea | Turmeric Tea Recipe
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder or turmeric root
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Honey
- Bringing water to a boil first.
- Add grated ginger, turmeric powder or grated turmeric root and boil it for 2 minutes.
- strain into the serving cup. Add black pepper powder and honey into it.
- Mix well and serve it hot or chilled.