Humus is an ancient superfood and favorite food for people around the world. It is believed to be originated in Egypt. But many countries claim that hummus is originated in their countries. In Arabic, hummus means chickpeas.
Basic hummus recipe contains 6 healthy ingredients – Chickpeas, sesame seeds paste, rock salt, raw garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. There is a saying that “HEALTH IS WEALTH”. To stay healthy, people around the world are including Hummus in their daily diet because it is considered as a nutritional treasure.
Hummus is a miracle food because it is a good source of protein, fights against diseases and keeps us healthy, decreases inflammation, helps in digestion, increases bone strength and boosts our energy levels. You can also make this another healthy hummus bowl, Beetroot hummus with pita chips .
Today, I made mint pea hummus as I have too many mint plants in my garden. You can serve hummus as a dip for tortilla chips, bread spread, Monaco crackers topping and make canapes with it.
Fresh Mint and Green Pea Hummus
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Green Peas Dried peas
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Garlic
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Soak dried peas and chickpeas for overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Boil chick peas and dried peas along with little salt for 5 whistles.
- Allow it to cool for 15 min.
- In a blender jar, add boiled and cooled chick peas, peas, mint leaves, cilantro, salt, pepper,garlic, lemon juice, sesame seeds along with little chickpea boiled water and blend it to a smooth paste (drizzle olive oil when blending)
- Our creamy mint pea hummus is ready to serve as a dip for tortilla chips/ bread spread/ monaco crackers topping etc.