Eggless – Whole Wheat Apricot Cookies
Healthy and delightful cookies which satisfy all nutritional needs.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Milk powder
- 1/2 cup Custard powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Tutti frutti
- 1/2 cup Apricot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Dry Fruits chopped
- 1/2 cup Amul Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 4 tbsp Milk
- Take a big bowl. add the whole wheat flour, milk powder, custard powder, baking powder, salt. Sieve this so that lumps are not formed, add the chopped apricot, tutti-frutti, chopped dry fruits to the above dry ingredients, mix it properly.
- Combine the sifted sugar powder and the softened butter in another deep bowl and whisk well till the mixture turns smooth and no lumps remain, add vanilla essence and milk to the above mixture. Mix it well.
- Add all the dry ingredients and fruit mix little, Combine the dough properly, shape the dough into a log and cover it with a plastic wrap.Tie the corners to get the proper square shape. Allow it to refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove a log from the refrigerator and uncover the plastic wrap, then cut slices (about half an inch thick ) vertically, Preheat the oven at 180°c for about 10 mins. Now, place the cookies on a greased baking tray and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°c for 12 minutes,
- When the cookies are baked evenly and turn light brown in color, transfer the cookies to a serving plate. Serve with Hot tea or coffee.