Homemade Focaccia Bread with Garlic and Herbs
A famous Italian bread topped with garlic, basil, rosemary and bell peppers.
- 500 gm All purpose flour
- 10 gm Basil leaves
- 10 gm Salt
- 10 gm Rosemary
- 5 gm Active dry yeast
- 10 Garlic Finely chopped
- 16 ml Olive Oil
- 200 ml Water
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper yellow
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper green
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper red
- 1/4 cup Onions sliced
- 50 gm black olives Whole
- 30 gm Sugar
- Activate the fresh yeast with a teaspoon of sugar 3 tbsp of Luke warm water and a teaspoon of flour and let it sit in warm area for 10-15 mins.
- Combine flour, salt and oil and add the activated yeast and make a soft dough using the water and knead for at least 10-15 min (for good result).
- Rest the dough cover with damp cloth in warm place and let it ferment for 30-45 min.
- Once the dough is doubled in volume remove the air from it by pressing it with figures and shape it according to your baking tray.
- Now grease the baking tray with some butter and place the shaped dough in it.
- Make impression on the top with fingers and garnish it with olives, basil, rosemary, onions, bell peppers, garlic and add brush olive oil on the top of it and let it rest for 25-30 min.
- Now sprinkle some water on it and bake it at 200'C for 20-25 min and remove from the oven and cool it down and then serve it with your favourite dip.