Next time you’re running short on time, try this delicious Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie. Don’t let life get in the way of maintaining a healthy diet. We got your back…and your taste buds!
Let’s face it, life gets busy and we don’t always have time to eat healthy, especially in the mornings!
We often make plans of waking up, cooking an amazing breakfast, and maybe even getting in a little exercise (hey, one can dream!).
Sadly, that dream is short lived when we get that call to come into work early. But guess what?
You can STILL get that healthy breakfast in literally minutes before heading out the door.
That is truly what we love about smoothies- quick, easy, and you can throw many foods together that usually would seem like an unusual pairing. For example, this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.
Not only does it have peanut butter and banana, but spinach, honey, and strawberries too!
We know, we know, it sounds scary but let us assure you, it is SO good!
We know you’re anxious to put this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie to the test but slow your roll, lol.
We’re going to let you in on a few smoothie-making secrets that will not only make this smoothie the best it can be but any smoothie you make from here on out (your welcome!).
- First, make sure you are using fresh ingredients, meaning your fruit and veggies shouldn’t be more than three or so days old.
- Frozen fruit makes for the best results.
- Invest in a high-performance blender.
- Pay attention to your proportions. Add your liquid first up to about the tip of the blender blades, next, add your fruits and vegetable, finally, top it off with ice.
- A cup of dark, leafy greens will give your Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie proper balance and of course, an extra dose of healthy antioxidants.
Alright, the time has come to try out this nutrient-rich, refreshing smoothie!
After you successfully make this smoothie don’t be afraid to get creative and try out different ingredients. Let us know in the comments how your Spinach Banana Smoothie turned out.
Spinach Banana Smoothie
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Banana frozen
- 1/2 cup Strawberry frozen
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Skim Milk
- In a mixture jar, add milk and yogurt together.
- Now add spinach, frozen banana, strawberry and peanut butter, blend until smooth.
- Add honey for more sweeter taste.
- Serve cool.