Chinese Pineapple Chicken
A quick and easy recipe, spicy chicken loaded with fresh pineapple.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 pcs Boneless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Red pepper chopped
- 4 teaspoons Cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water
- 1 cup Pineapple chunks canned - drained with 1/2 cup reserved juice
- 3 tablespoons Light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Green pepper chopped
- Cooked rice for serving
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
Season chicken strips and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate.
Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce begins to reduce.
Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer.
Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve over rice.