Veg Paneer Frankie (Wrap)
Try this new version of Indian roti sabzi as a Panner Frankie, that you can cook any time of the day.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 nos Chapthi / Tortillas / Kerala parotta
- 1 tsp Oil /Butter to roast flatbread
- as required Mayo / cheese / any other spread Optional
- as required Mint Chutney / Green Chutney
- as required Lettuce leaves
- as required Onion slices
For Paneer Tikka( Marianation )
- 1 cup Paneer / Cottage Cheese Sliced thin
- 3 tbsp Thick curd Hung preferred
- 1/2 tbsp besan gram flour
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Kasuri Methi a big pinch
- 1/4 tsp red Chilly powder acc.to taste
- Salt to taste
For the stuffing
- 1 pc large onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 nos Green Capsicum thinly sliced
- 1/4 nos Yellow Capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 nos Ripe tomato thinly sliced - seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric/ hadi
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Jeera Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup / Hot n spice sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- Corinder leaves to garnish
To make paneer tikka
Thinly slice paneer into vertical pieces . This will help us to arrabge it neatly inside flatbread later.Keep aside
Roast besan on medium flame till they are aromatic and raw smell goes.Take all the ingredients listed under "marination" into a bowl. Mix everything well .
masala for tandoori vegetables
Throw paneer slices in the marination and gently mix such that they get well coated . Cover and keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 mins .
Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan . Arrange marinated paneer slices on it and roast them both sides till they are nice and crisp .
Turn off flame and squeeze lime . Keep it aside to use for stuffing . Resist your temptation to eat them as such.
Saute Veggies to stuff
Clean , Wash and cut all veggies into thin slices as shown in Pic . Keep aside .
Take a pan . Heat 1-2 tsp oil in it. Throw in all veggies and saute for 2-3 mins on high flame . I like them slightly crunchy . If you want cooked . you can saute longer
Add salt , haldi , chilli powder , jeera powder and garam masala powder . Mix everything well
Add tomato ketchup or hot n spice sauce . MIx on high flame for 1-2 mins . Switch off . Garnish with coriander leaves .
Time to assemble and make wraps
Apply little oil / butter on tortillas / chapathi / kerala parotta and roast on a tawa. place them on a plate
Take a flatbread . Apply a tsp of mayo / any cheese spread if you wish to . This step is optional .
Spread a teaspoon of green chutney all over the roti.
Then place a bed of crunchy lettuce on the centre and spread it length wise. Add some sliced raw onion for crunchiness and then prepared veggie subzi .Spread all length wise as shown in pic.
Place 2-4 ( or as much as you like ) paneer tikka slices on it .
Wrap the filling tightly with the chapathi and make a roll . If you want you can use aluminium foil or tooth pick to seal and make a tighter seal . I normally dont use them .
Serve Paneer Kathi roll with with mint chutney and / ketchup .